PRINCE2® Certification Summary
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects.
Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2® is also widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally.
Why should I study PRINCE2®?
- To gain first class project management skills: PRINCE2® certification will give you the skills to feel confident in managing projects successfully within the workforce. Using PRINCE2® in your projects will give you common systems, procedures and language. You will make fewer mistakes, learn from those that you do make, and ultimately save money and effort.
- To improve employment prospects: A PRINCE2® qualification is a great asset for your resume. PRINCE2® is recognized as a world-class international product and is a standard method for project management. Many companies across the world require staff to be PRINCE2® certified.
- Using PRINCE2® provides you with greater control of resources, and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively, which provides benefits to:
- individuals seeking leading project management skills and greater employment prospects
- project managers
- directors/executives (senior responsible owners) of projects, and
What are the PRINCE2® qualifications and what will they teach me?
There are three PRINCE2® qualification levels: PRINCE2® Foundation, PRINCE2® Practitioner and PRINCE2® Professional
- A PRINCE2® Foundation qualification will teach you the PRINCE2® principles, terminology and when qualified you will be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® methodology within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
- A PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification will teach you to apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. Once qualified you will be able to apply and tune PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario. You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the relationships between the PRINCE2® principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2® products and will understand these elements.
- The PRINCE2® Professional is an assessment certification, taken over a 2.5 day event. It tests the delegates’ ability to run PRINCE2® projects while working with other individuals. Prerequisites are a PRINCE2® Practitioner certificate and practical experience on PRINCE2® projects. No training is provided for this test.